Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Things that are great

Breathe.
Stop thinking about work.
Think about good things. Happy things.

- the feel of the warm sun on my skin on a hot day.
- laughing
- conversation with great friends
- the smell of coffee on a cold morning
- bare feet
- playing video games or watching tv until 3am
- sleeping in
- saturdays
- a really good mozzarella and tomato salad (why do I keep thinking about food?)
- the way I feel after a great workout
- the sound the trees make when the wind blows through them
- driving fast in my car with all the windows open and the stereo up
- music, great music
- movies, great movies
- the smell of fresh cut grass
- hugs
- people who are excited to see you
- random acts of kindness
- September
- the crispness that the air gets on days like today, mixed with the faint hint of smoky burning leaves
- a comfortable seat, good book and roaring fire


And a final note - just thought you should all gather around and laugh at my expense. I am really good at locking myself out of places. This one time, I locked myself out of my house while Damon was out of town, and I was barefoot in my pajamas. I dismantled a window to get in and broke it in the process. Today, about 7:30pm, I'm packing up to leave work, I grab my bag and walk out the door. The door closes. I look down. No keys. No keys!? Oh crap.
I have to call my boss (who, by the way, is really busy packing things to move to NYC in two days) to come and let me back in so I can get my car keys and go home.
I. Am. A. WINNER.

No comments: