Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Used Duct Tape Sale

Current mood: quixotic

So, on the way home from work every day I drive past a local "establishment."
They, well, have unpleasant looking naked ladies dance for even more unpleasant looking customers - or so I'm told.
Not too recently, the sign out front posted a new ad, "Used Duct Tape Sale" and I really don't know what it means. I'm almost curious enough to go in, but that would be gross. Not gross to go in a nudie bar, just this particular nudie bar.
Seriously, what is that? It conjures images of people using duct tape as hair remover, and they have the hairy, twisted tape all laying out with yard sale stickers on them, 50 cents for the small pieces and $1 for the big ones. I even googled "used duct tape sale" and nothing came about.
Is the owner not making enough money on the two fat naked girls and the $8 beers? He's got to go into other businesses? What else did he try before used duct tape?
Half-eaten taco sale? Three day old milk sale? Dead raccoon sale?
How about a used toilet paper sale?
Or a single shoe sale. No pairs for sale, only single shoes.
I'd get in on that, wear me some non-matching shoes. Maybe I can get me a job at this "establishment," make some money so I can buy some used duct tape.

No comments: