Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hawaii thoughts

A year ago right now I was in Hawaii. It's nice out today, but not like Hawaii.
We went snorkeling on Maui - and it was one of the best days ever. I'd like to put myself back on the boat, laying on the trampoline of the catamaran, feeling the warm breeze as the boat bounces along the south Pacific and the heat of the sun on my skin. Oh so nice.
The turquoise water, the salty spray. The endless sun.
A buffet of hot cinnamon rolls and fresh pineapple. Swimming in the warm water. I'd like to be back on the boat.
The funny thing about me snorkeling is that I'm afraid of the fish. Yes. I have lots of weird fears about a lot of things. And I like to snorkel, even though the fish scare me. I'm okay once I get in there and calm down, but the fish need to stay away from me. Far away.
Last time we saw turtles, and elecric eels and all kinds of brightly colored fish and there was this one huge fish, quite curious it was, and big, too. It would swim directly toward me and right before it got to me, it would veer off. The first few times it did this, I screamed. Underwater. Which sounds kind of like *agghbghggablablabbh!* Then after a few times I stopped screaming when it came toward me, because it would eventually veer off. So, there's some enjoyment for you for the day, imagining me screaming underwater at some harmless fish.

Anyway, gotta go. I told Shelly I'd bring her a fork and I forgot so now I gotta go hunt down a fork.

No comments: