Thursday, September 27, 2007

It’s not you, it’s me. Ok, I lied. It is you.

Dear ER,
I'm breaking up with you. Tonight is our last date. I've been seeing you now for 13 years. We were high school sweethearts. I'm tired of your ridiculous plot lines. I don't even care to remember the names of your characters anymore. I can't watch the show with realistic interest, I don't see good things about you anymore, I only point out all your flaws. And there are so many flaws. I was holding out, remembering all the good times we had, with Anthony Edwards & George Clooney and Noah Wylie. We went through some bad times too, we laughed, we cried, we were glued to the screen. All that is in the past.
All we have now are sad little people who yell alot and get into ridiculous situations that never happen in real life. But when they are done yelling they make out with each other. I just cannot take it anymore. I'm through with your cliches.
You tried to pretend you are something you are not to make me love you again. It didn't work. You can't be Grey's Anatomy.
You've jumped the shark. I should have ended this broken relationship years ago. Change is hard. But it's time to let go.

Goodbye. I loved you once, but I don't love you anymore.
I'll miss you and I'll never forget the good times we had.

No comments: