Thursday, November 29, 2007

Really?

So, last week I was watching House with Damon & there was this competition to get Cuddy's thong. House ordered it up. Get her thong. So the minions went scrambling for the underwear of the authoritative figure of the show.

Lo and behold, one of the minions appears with the trophy fabric and tosses it on the table.
It's red. It's lacy. It's racy.

I go from being absorbed and entertained to question mode. I have this problem with my brain when I watch shows that include things that don't make sense to me. I'm pulled from the show, to question the logic.

1. Who wears underwear like that to work? Really?

2. One of the minions tried to pass off a black lacy thong as Cuddy's previously in the show, and House immediately knew it was a fake, because - as he claims - she's wearing a red bra, and therefore the underwear should be red as well. I claim bullshit. Unless she knows somebody is going to be looking at it - it most likely is not going to match.

I don't want to ruin any male fantasies here, but nobody has a Victoria's Secret fashion show going on under their clothing unless they know somebody is going to see it. Look, if you've ever slept with the same chick more than 10 times you know it's true.

I might be wrong. There might be chicks out there that wear HOT matching bras and panties every day. I'm just guessing that 90% of us probably don't.

So, writers of House, I get that it's much more appealing to slap a slutty red thong on the table, but add in some kind of "Cuddy's got a date" later storyline to make it believable, ok?

Thanks : )

No comments: