Saturday, May 24, 2008

Snippets

1. So, I'm waiting at the airport for my flight last week and a guy a few seats down from me stands up to get in line to board. He's dressed like a euro-trash 80's rocker, skinny jeans, dirty clothes... I casually glance over to look at him, just people watching. I'm greeted with the sight of his entire bare ass, except for the man-thong he was wearing. The image instantly burned through my eyes and damaged parts of my brain beyond repair. They were green and black and red, and very man thongy. And even worse, he turned around and adjusted his bag, and the thong was visible in the front too. Yeeeeaaauuuuckkkk.

2. We watched Dirty Dancing last night - the play - and it was awesome. The music is so iconic, and heck, I'm still a chick... I love it. Anyhow I go out with the bossman after to visit this local blues bar. What else am I going to do? Sit in my room? Anyway, the bar, it's called, "The Blues Bar" and it's a tiny, dirty, crowded dive bar. We get a table at the front and the band comes on the stage smaller than my bathroom and they start jamming. It's four guys, all forty-something and they're pretty great. Guitarist, drummer, bass (the string kind not the guitar kind) and singer/harmonica... the singer looks like the love child of Ritchie Valens and Buddy Holly and sounds like Buster Poindexter. I was enjoying it. After a while everyone around us is dancing, 4 people even on the bench against the wall. Bossman goes to buy me a beer (thanks bossman!) and then the young crowd decends upon me. I have no choice but to dance up on the bench with the other 4. Fuck it, I'm in. Let's go. I'm dancing and jamming and totally enjoying it. Bossman comes back and is surprised to see me gone from my seat but even more surprised to see me dancing on the bench. Whatever. I'm having fun.

3. I return to my hotel room and slip departure instructions under all the doors of all my people. This way I can sleep in in the morning. It's almost 2:30 and I finish just as room service is bringing me food - I hadn't eaten and was starving. He looks at me as I finish my work, and sighs at me and gives me this slightly awed look. He says, "You are a very busy woman."
Indeed.

1 comment:

E Flo said...

So, a Dirty Dancing game just game out on PC. Why it came out now, I have no idea.