Saturday, August 16, 2008

Well, this is just heartbreaking

Read from bottom up.
Names have been changed.

(beware April, this will make you cry)


From: Mary
To: Melissa
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 9:26:59 PM
Subject: RE:


Thank you Melissa, and yes it is terrible, we were so looking forward to the trip with you and as excited as teen agers, it would have our first trip although we have been breeding Norkolk terriers, Beth 24 years and me 4. You will never know how much I will miss my friend, my shoulder to cry on, my friend to laugh and be silly with, to love our dogs, one of our greatest joys was sitting ring side and watching the judging.

Warm Regards,

Mary



----- Original Message ----
From: Melissa
To: Mary
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 9:26:59 AM
Subject: RE:


Hi Marion,
I'm so sorry to hear that. That's just terrible.
We'll take care of the refund.
You take care of you.

-Melissa



-----Original Message-----
From: Mary
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:01 PM
To: Melissa
Subject: Re:


Dear Melissa,

I've been going to e mail or telephone to cancel the trip this year. My friend Beth who was going with me had surgery a week ago Wednesday and died of a blood clot on Friday. I've been in shock and barely moving. Her service was on Tuesday and I'm still numb.

Please cancel my trip this year and by next year I will be able to take the trip and not be crying the entire time. I understand $25 will be deducted from the $700 I have on deposit.

Sincerely,

Mary


----- Original Message ----
From: Melissa
To: Mary
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 2:35:37 PM
Subject: RE:

Hi Mary,
I just looked into Business class flights for you on Lufthansa from San Francisco, and they are not good. The prices are more than $10,000 per person, and I don't believe you'd be willing to pay that kind of cost for a flight. I checked, and even the economy price is $2,500 per person.
The schedules are also quite bad from San Francisco to Birmingham, you'd have three separate flights each way.
Is there another airline you'd consider? KLM/Northwest is about $1,000 per person for economy, and business class tickets on United are about $4,000 per person.
Let me know what you think and what you'd like to do.
Thanks Mary

-Melissa



-----Original Message-----
From: Mary
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 11:50 AM
To: Shelly
Subject:

Dear Shelly,

I booked my trip yesterday and faxed my application to you. I also included my husband's credit card which I'd like
you to use as this trip is a birthday gift. I did not include the payment of the trip insurance until I get the final figure from you,
as we discussed I'd like to fly out of SFO and one of my favorite airlines in Lufthansa and if it doesn't break the bank I'd like
to fly business class.

My friend Beth is having surgery this week and based on the outcome she will be making her reservation with you
within the next two weeks.

Thanking you in advance,

Mary

No comments: