Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's that mommy?

So, I'm at Whole Foods this evening, eating dinner, waiting until I can go play volleyball.
I'm sitting in the back, and I hear this little boy behind me.
"What's that?" He asks his mommy, and I glance over and see a little blond-haired boy pointing at this shiny metal box on the wall with a black piece of plastic attached to it by a shiny silver cord.
"It's a payphone," she says to the little boy. "It's what people used to use to make phone calls before cell phones."

Wow.

2 comments:

Butchie said...

I recently moved to a house with a wall mounted phone and my daughter asked me what it was. When I told her she laughed and said it was silly to have a toy phone on the wall in out kitchen.

E Flo said...

Kind of related in another way: Everytime I take a picture of a child with a film camera, they grab it and cry because they can't see the picture.